Re: I'm reading the source now... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From tony
Subject Re: I'm reading the source now...
Date
Re: I'm reading the source now...  (Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>)
List pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 20:53, Dave Cramer wrote:

> What would be helpful here is a test case which exhibits the error;
> otherwise it's kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack.

http://mail.animaproductions.com/f3c

look for  N'  in the first search box. It should bring up a famous
african director.

When I wrote the original version of the Ultradev web page I had built a
flat text perl "database" app. for a client. I then rewrote everything
in JSP. At that time when I did a select from the database I could use
single quotes in queries with no code other than the code generated by
Ultradev.

I remember that distinctly because my client asked me for accents and
single quotes in queries. I used to_ascii() in the select statements and
it just worked.

All was well until I noticed that this was no longer the case after I
upgraded my server after my hardware adventures of last summer...

I moved to postgres 7.0 and Tomcat 3.2.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
All is well.

I have now written the methods into the pages. I'll stop bugging
everyone on this thing. At least it got me real deep into understanding
Java. But from my interpretation of the docs at Sun escapeSQL is
something that one finds in preparedStatement in the JDBC driver. I am
probably wrong.

Cheers

Tony Grant

--