Re: pg_dump Backup on 7.0.3 - Sanity error? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump Backup on 7.0.3 - Sanity error?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"G. Anthony Reina" <reina@nsi.edu> writes:
> I'm trying to use pg_dump to backup my tables one at a time from
> Postgres 7.0.3 (I'll upgrade to 7.1 in a few weeks). I'm getting a
> strange error that I've never encountered before.
> The error is :  failed sanity check, table ro_ellipse was not found

Most likely, you removed the user that owned ro_ellipse.  Create a
user with the same usesysid shown as ro_ellipse's relowner, or else
change the relowner field to point at an extant user.

I believe 7.1's pg_dump copes with this sort of thing more gracefully...