Re: Generating Huge String? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steffen Nielsen
Subject Re: Generating Huge String?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

I checked out the StringInfo functions, they are basicly the same as the
Chunks functions I use, but I'll use the others instead even thought I don't
think they will help me on my problem. But anyway, I've checked out the malloc
and realloc function, and believe that they won't allow allocation into an
allready occopied memory area (at least on freebsd).

But if not, maybe I should create a new Chunk (malloc again, and copy; But
that would probably lead to heavy fragmentation of the memory) if realloc
can't allocate more continuos memory space?

Sorry if these question seem trivially, I'm a C newbie :-)

/Steffen Nielsen