Re: commands subdirectory continued -code cleanup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Gray
Subject Re: commands subdirectory continued -code cleanup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 20:38, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> John Gray wrote:
> >
> > and two macros:
> >
> > RECURSE_OVER_CHILDREN(relid);
> > AlterTableDoSomething(childrel,...);
> > RECURSE_OVER_CHILDREN_END;
> >
> > (this seems more straightforward than passing the text of the function
> > call as a macro parameter).
> >

> Suggestion:
>
> RECURSE_OVER_CHILDREN(inh, relid)
> {
>     AlterTableDoSomething(childrel,...);
> }

Yes, that would be nicer -I just have to work out a suitable rewrite of
the code so that it could fit that kind of macro setup -at present,
there is code that is executed in each iteration of the loop, which
means there is more than one group to close after the AlterTable call.

I'll think on it...

Regards

John
--
John Gray    ECHOES: sponsored walks for Christian Aid to the highest
Azuli IT        points of English counties, 4th-6th May 2002