Documentation on page files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Documentation on page files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[Please CC any replies, I'm subscribed nomail]

Hi,

Chapter 7 of the Developers guide in about the Page Format on disk and it's
a little out of date not to mention somewhat incomplete.

1. Is there documentation elsewhere (other than the source)?

2. If not, would patches be accepted to correct the situation? I've been
looking into it a bit recently so I think I may be able to whip something
useful up.

Thanks in advance,