Re: BLOB performance test FYI - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Anders Bengtsson
Subject Re: BLOB performance test FYI
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 2002-04-18 Barry Lind wrote:

> This is a great idea.  This would certainly solve the memory problem for
> inserts.  Selects on the other hand wouldn't be helped since you need to
> read the entire value first before you can get to the rest of the values.

There probably is a need for a complete rework of how values in general,
both parameters and results, are handled in the FE/BE protocol.
One thing that has bothered me is how the character encoding of text
data affects the encoding of the query. I don't think it has ever caused
any problems, but it feels strange that it does.

/Anders
--

A n d e r s  B e n g t s s o n  |  ndrsbngtssn@yahoo.se
Stockholm, Sweden               |