Re: problems with setBytes getBytes - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: problems with setBytes getBytes
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Robert,

Below is a copy of an email describing the solution to your problem

Dave

David,

The behavior you are describing is correct for the 7.2 driver.  In 7.2
the driver now uses the bytea datatype to store binary data (not
largeobjects as it did in 7.1 and earlier).  This is documented in the
7.2 documentation.  Also in the doc is a description on how to revert
back to the old behavior.

Thanks,
--Barry