Re: command.c breakup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Gray
Subject Re: command.c breakup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 21:30, Rod Taylor wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure what you're touching, but could it wait for the
> below pg_depend patch to be either accepted or rejected?  It lightly
> fiddles with a number of files in the command and catalog directories.
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2002-04/msg00050.php

Well, I'm working on it now and it's about 75% done. I hope to post the
patch within the next few hours. I'm sorry that I wasn't aware of your
patch -but commands/ is a busy place at present :). I've scanned your
patch very briefly and the major impacts I can see are:

1) The ALTER TABLE code will be in tablecmds.c (but exactly the same
code as at present)

2) The type support will be in typecmds.c (define.c and remove.c are
essentially gone -the define and remove commands for foo are in general
now together in foocmds.c

I'm not touching anything in the catalog directory.

Note that as I'm only shuffling code from one file to another, your
patch shouldn't need much modification to get it working afterwards -
although there is an intention to tidy up common code in the commands/
directory as a second phase, this will consist of more "ordinary"
patches...

Regards

John