Re: 7.3 schedule - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: 7.3 schedule
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 22:48, Tom Lane wrote:
> Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> writes:
> > Since we
> > don't currently provide any information to the user on the relative cost
> > of the parse, plan and execute phases, the end user is going to be
> > guessing IMHO.
>
> You can in fact get that information fairly easily; set
> show_parser_stats, show_planner_stats, and show_executor_stats to 1
> and then look in the postmaster log for the results.

One thing that seems to be missing is backend ids for query stats - if I
set

log_timestamp = true
log_pid = true

then I get pid for query but _not_ for stats

If I have many long-running queries then it is impossible to know which
stats are for which query ;(

Hannu