Re: command.c breakup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Gray
Subject Re: command.c breakup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 03:33, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > Fine. I'll work on that basis. I'll prepare a full-blown patch which can
> > be applied Monday -unless anyone else is sitting on uncommitted changes
> > to the directory that they want me to wait for?
>
> Nothing important.  Shall I suggest that you do the rearrangement first, and
> then once everything's happy, we can work on removing redundant code?

I think this is the right thing to do. Rearranging files shouldn't have
any effect on behaviour, but the removal of redundant code (e.g. for
permissions checks) may result in discussions about the appropriate
permissions for different activities -ISTM that this should be open to
normal discussion and review.

John