Re: custom C function problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: custom C function problem
Date
List pgsql-general
"Dan \"Heron\" Myers" <heron@xnapid.com> writes:
> I'm creating some custom C functions to load dynamically from a dll
> (this is Postgres 8.3.1 on Windows XP SP2).  I have two that work fine,
> but any time I try to write one that uses a text*, postgres crashes.

What cases have you gotten to work correctly?

My guess is that you're either messed up about V0 vs V1 calling
convention (ie you forgot PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1, or added it when you
shouldn't have), or you've got some kind of problem with not detoasting
toasted input values.  There's not enough info here to venture more.

            regards, tom lane