raw data broken in 7.2 driver? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From David Bernhill
Subject raw data broken in 7.2 driver?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Good day.

I'm having problems inserting raw data with the 7.2 jdbc driver. I've
tried out most of the ones available for download (Java 2). Some of them
seem to work with raw data in 7.2 but has problems with timestamp
instead. Is there any patch available for this?`For more detailed
description see below (found in the interactive docs).

Comment from Adam Jenkins "<adam@thejenkins.org>":
"The JDBC example given above as example 8-2 does not work as
advertised. I'm using postgresql 7.2, and the jdbc7.2dev-1.2.jar JDBC
driver. It seems that the driver interprets the data it reads from the
InputStream passed to setBinaryStream as a binary representation of the
actual field value -- in this case as a binary representation of an oid.
This is of course incorrect; really the binary data is image data, and
one would hope that what the driver would do is create a new large
object, store the binary data in it, and store the oid of the large
object in the oid field. What really happens is that the driver
constructs a SQL statement which has the binary data which was read from
the InputStream embedded directly in it as the value of the oid field.
So executeUpdate throws a SQLException like this:

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: oidin: error in "213"

regards David