Re: pg_upgrade 9.5.1: pg_upgrade_support missing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_upgrade 9.5.1: pg_upgrade_support missing
Date
List pgsql-general
schoetbi schoetbi <tobias.schoenit@gmail.com> writes:
> i tried to migrate a database cluster from pg 9.4.1 to 9.5.1 with
> pg_upgrade. I got the follwing error:

>> Could not load library "$libdir/pg_upgrade_support"

Hmm, pg_upgrade_support isn't a separate library anymore; it's been merged
into core.  I would not have expected that to cause any problems, because
the functions in that library shouldn't have been referenced in your old
database in the first place.  They were supposed to be installed and then
removed again during the process of (prior versions of) pg_upgrade.

I'm guessing you had leftovers from old failed pg_upgrade attempts that
you never completed.

What you want to do is simply manually drop the functions referencing
$libdir/pg_upgrade_support.  A look into the pg_upgrade sources suggests
that this ought to do it:

DROP SCHEMA IF EXISTS binary_upgrade CASCADE;

though you'll probably have to do that in every database of the
installation.

            regards, tom lane