Re: Point in time recovery: recreating relation files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc Munro
Subject Re: Point in time recovery: recreating relation files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Could someone explain to this poor newbie (who is hoping to implement
this) exactly what the issue is here?  Like Tom, I could originally see
no reason to worry about the LSN for file creation but I am very
concerned that I have failed to grasp Tatsuo's concerns.

Is there some reason why the relfilenode might change either during or
as a result of recovery?  Unless I have missed the point again, during
recovery we must recreate files with exactly the same path, name and
relfilenode as they would have originally been created, and in the same
order relative to the creation of the relation.  I see no scope for
anything to be different.

--
Marc        marc@bloodnok.com