Re: single task postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Copeland
Subject Re: single task postgresql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sorry for taking so long to get back to everyone.  I wanted to post a
follow up to the profiling data that has been submitted as well as
comment on the provided link (thank you btw).

The profiling data provided had some minor issues with it.  It seems
that everything was able to run in exactly zero % of overall time.
While this doesn't have to mean the results are invalid, it does raise
that question.  It is certainly possible that the overall % duration for
the reported functions was so negligible that it should show up as 0%,
however, somewhere in the back of my head I seem to recall that cygwin's
profiler is broken in this regard.  So, while there are some minor
differences, there are no timings to indicate which path in which
profiling is consuming the greatest amount of time.  Is it possible to
run a longer benchmark to see if we can get anything to register with a
percent value higher than 0%?

At any rate, I'm still wading through the two files to determine if
there is yet any value to found within the profiling results.

Greg