Re: Archiver(custom): could not initialize compression - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeremiah Jahn
Subject Re: Archiver(custom): could not initialize compression
Date
List pgsql-general
yeah, it was a bit vague wasn't it. ;)

pg_restore on a 7.1.3 redhat 7.2 system. and using the 'custom' file
format. This was happening in the restoring blob section.

I have multiple instances of the server running on different ports.
5432-5438 and adding more all the time. They all seem to have gotten
corrupted somehow. Vacum runs forever, I tried making a tar.bz2 file of
one of the directories, and even that didn't work. I ran fsck.ext3
-force and the file system showed no errors. As far as I know 2.4
kernels don't have the 2gig size limit. So I'm just trying to find out
what went wrong, and if there is a way I can fix it.

thanx,
-jj-

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 18:06, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jeremiah Jahn <jeremiah@goodinassociates.com> writes:
> > this is the error i get:
> > Archiver(custom): could not initialize compression library - (null)
>
> Something broken about your libz maybe?  This error indicates a failure
> return code from either deflateInit or inflateInit, depending on whether
> we're talking about pg_dump or pg_restore, which was quite unclear from
> your message.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Attachment