Re: pg_ctl - tighten command parameter checking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: pg_ctl - tighten command parameter checking
Date
Re: pg_ctl - tighten command parameter checking  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 21:31, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Oliver, I am going to reject this.  We give them the syntax for the
> params.  I don't see a need to check for leading dash to see if they
> forgot a param.  I would like to see a more general solution that uses
> getopt or something more robust, but moving all that checking to each
> param just seems like a waste.

I would certainly prefer to use getopt, but is that portable?  Peter
wants me to use case..esac instead of cut; I would have thought getopt
was a lot less portable.

    "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is      profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
 for instruction in righteousness; That the man of God      may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good
works."        II Timothy 3:16,17