Re: Replication direction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ned Wolpert
Subject Re: Replication direction
Date
Re: Replication direction  (bpalmer <bpalmer@crimelabs.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
One thought I had about replication is base it off of the WAL files. As
they are created, they can be forward into other servers (both on a LAN
and WAN environment) and imported to mirror the originating database.
(As opposed to having triggers that force writes into replicated servers
on updates, inserts and deletes)

On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 08:57, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I was wondering what direction we want to take for replication?  There
> is a group at:
>
>     http://gborg.postgresql.org/genpage?replication_research
>
> working on a fairly advanced replication solution that they hope to add
> to 7.3.  However, has everyone reviewed that information?  Is this the
> direction we want to go?  I was personally impressed by it, but I am no
> replication expert.
>
> --

Virtually,
Ned Wolpert <ned.wolpert@knowledgenet.com>

D08C2F45:  28E7 56CB 58AC C622 5A51  3C42 8B2B 2739 D08C 2F45