simple code cleanups - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject simple code cleanups
Date
Re: simple code cleanups  (Neil Conway <nconway@klamath.dyndns.org>)
List pgsql-patches
Hi,

I was taking a look at making ALTER TABLE ... RENAME work with
referential integrity constraints. While doing so, I cleaned up a few
spots of code along the way (mostly just adding 'const' qualifiers to
char* params) -- only the change in rename.c is slightly noteworthy.
Unless anyone sees any problems, please apply for 7.3.

As for the ALTER TABLE ... RENAME stuff, I gave up for the moment --
next I think I'm going to try changing the referential integrity code to
use oids rather than relation names, so that should kill 2 birds with
one stone (since changing RI to use OIDs is also on the TODO list, and
the OID doesn't change when a relation or attribute is renamed).
Suggestions/advice are welcome.

Cheers,

Neil

--