Re: Ability to reference other extensions by schema in extension scripts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Ability to reference other extensions by schema in extension scripts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Regina Obe" <lr@pcorp.us> writes:
>> If you want to work harder, perhaps a reasonable way to deal with the issue
>> would be to allow dependent extensions to declare that they don't want your
>> extension relocated.  But I do not think it's okay to make that the default
>> behavior, much less the only behavior.

> -  the main issue I ran into is I have to introduce another dependency type
> or go with Sandro's idea of using refsubobjid for this purpose.

No, pg_depend is not the thing to use for this.  I was thinking of a new
field in the extension's control file, right beside where it says it's
dependent on such-and-such extensions in the first place.  Say like

    requires = 'extfoo, extbar'
    no_relocate = 'extfoo'

> So you are proposing I change the execute_extension_scripts input args to
> take more args?

Why not?  It's local to that file, so you won't break anything.