Re: PostgreSQL v7.2 Final Release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: PostgreSQL v7.2 Final Release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 19:11, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:

> > > RPMs for Red Hat Linux 7.2 can be found at http://people.redhat.com/teg/pg/
> >
> > Why is just plperl included ?
> >
> > What about pl/python
>
> There is no shared python library. Linking in static libraries in
> dynamic extensions doesn't work on most platforms.

Does that mean that one can't run pl/python on Redhat 7.2 ??

I was hoping that all the work that went into fixing various flaws in
pl/python during 7.2 development would result in it being available in
binary distributions too...

Hannu