Re: COPY FROM STDIN hang - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: COPY FROM STDIN hang
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Robert Creager <robert@logicalchaos.org> writes:
> On Mar 23, 2021, at 3:16 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> You mean the backend hangs?  Can you get a stack trace from that?

> The entire backend doesn’t hang, we’re able to process queries on other connections.  It’s just the COPY FROM thread
that’shung.

Hmm, that set of traces doesn't really look like it's hung,
it might just be taking a long time.

A different theory, which is hard to prove without debug symbols
to provide more detail in the trace, is that it might be looping
due to following a closed loop of btree page right-links.  Which
shouldn't happen normally, but perhaps this index is corrupt.
Can you try reindexing the indexes of the COPY's target table?

            regards, tom lane