Re: Full-text searching in PostgreaSQL - Using GiST for - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Andrew McMillan
Subject Re: Full-text searching in PostgreaSQL - Using GiST for
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 10:41, robmayfield@attbi.com wrote:
> I have searched high and low on the Web for information on how to do create
> GiST (or any workable indexing scheme)full-text searches on medium size
> bodies of text stored in a PostGresSQL 7.1.3 'TEXT' or VARCHAR field.
> the most I find is for integers: CREATE INDEX message_rdtree_idx on message
> using gist ( sections gist__int_ops);
> Can't find any info refering to examplkes with text. I know that 7.2 has
> tsearch but that is still in beta. Anybody got an info and examples??

http://openfts.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
                    Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
       Are you enrolled at http://schoolreunions.co.nz/ yet?