Re: odd alter_generic regression failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: odd alter_generic regression failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> We seem to have an intermittent failure on the alter_generic tests that
> look like this:

>        SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION regtest_alter_user1;
>        CREATE FUNCTION alt_func1(int) RETURNS int LANGUAGE sql
>          AS 'SELECT $1 + 1';
>     + ERROR:  permission denied for language sql
>        CREATE FUNCTION alt_func2(int) RETURNS int LANGUAGE sql
>          AS 'SELECT $1 - 1';
>     + ERROR:  permission denied for language sql
>        CREATE AGGREGATE alt_agg1 (
>          sfunc1 = int4pl, basetype = int4, stype1 = int4, initcond = 0
>        );

I poked around and realized that the reason for this is that it's run in
parallel with the "privileges" test, which does:

REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES ON LANGUAGE sql FROM PUBLIC;
... various stuff ...
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON LANGUAGE sql TO PUBLIC;

So the current placement of that test is no better than the original :-(
I'll put it someplace else.