Re: [HACKERS] On Complex Source Code Reading Strategy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] On Complex Source Code Reading Strategy
Date
Re: [HACKERS] On Complex Source Code Reading Strategy
Re: [HACKERS] On Complex Source Code Reading Strategy
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> 2. Start somewhere. I have no idea where that should be, but it has to
> be some particular place that seems interesting to you.

Don't forget to start with the available documentation, ie
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/internals.html
You should certainly read
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/overview.html
and depending on what your interests are, there are probably other
chapters of Part VII that are worth your time.

Also keep an eye out for README files in the part of the source
tree you're browsing in.