Re: BUG #6657: Documentation bug for PQconnectdbParams - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #6657: Documentation bug for PQconnectdbParams
Date
List pgsql-bugs
ediven@edsiohio.com writes:
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.2
> That said, I would humbly suggest that the documentation for the
> PQconnectdbParams function omits certain details.  Notably, the function
> will return NULL if you pass in a keywords array with an unrecognized
> keyword.

This is a known bug that was fixed in 9.0.4.  When I try it now, I get a
PGconn object back, with status CONNECTION_BAD, and PQerrorMessage returns
    invalid connection option "host_addr"
which was the intended behavior all along, but there was a typo in 9.0;
see
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=672def62259354f28000e8cfb97b6668192369c2

In theory at least, you should only get a NULL back if there's
insufficient memory to create a PGconn object at all.

            regards, tom lane