Re: : Postgres order by into a RECORD, not ordering - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shaun Clements
Subject Re: : Postgres order by into a RECORD, not ordering
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi Again.

I hope you can explain this.
I have a stored procedure which does a query of a table using order by, into a RECORD.
The statement I mentioned earlier, is a FOR  IN.
the data stored into the RECORD, is not ordered by the columns specified, because when I loop through the record, the columns returned in the row are different, to when I manually do a Select query using order by.

I assumed this may have something to do with the index.

Is there any reason why this is so ?

Kind Regards,
Shaun Clements