Re: PATCH: Choose best width for Data Output columns of Query tool - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From J.F. Oster
Subject Re: PATCH: Choose best width for Data Output columns of Query tool
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hello Dinesh,

DK> Are you saying like double click on column header while
DK> holding "CTRL" in keyboard. If so, in mac i have tried it with
DK> "control" and "command" buttons, which is not working.

Yes. I'm not familiar with Mac... but some googling gave this:
>Use CmdDown if you want to test for either the Meta key (on Mac OS X)
>or the Control key (other platforms)
So changed it to event.CmdDown().
By the way, event.ControlDown() is used in ctlSQLGrid::OnMouseWheel()
to adjust font size - I assume it also needs to be changed.

DK> 1. Use wxRound() rather than round(). We don't have round() in windows. :(
DK>     Or use an integer value for pointing rows.

Oops. I'll use wxRound(). Float is there intentionally to achieve
irregular loop step.

DK> 2. Could you implement the same as below if possible. Since,
DK> while performing double click on a column, i am getting noticeable
DK> delay.

==>>While creating the grid it self, store each fields max length in a custom variable.
==>>Do AutoSizeColumns() Based on this max length, column header length.

Ok, now in AutoSizeColumns() I save max column sizes to colMaxSizes
array which will be used in AutoSizeColumn() and OnLabelDoubleClick()
without looping through rows again.

Please see the fixed patch attached.

DK> Thursday, November 21, 2013, 12:03:04 PM, you wrote:

DK>> Hi,

DK>> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM, J.F. Oster <jinfroster@mail.ru> wrote:
DK>> Hello Dinesh,

DK>>> Do
SELECT '1', 'f'; ==>>>> And then re-size the 1st

SELECT '1', 'f'; ==>>>> column to the end of the screen.

--
Best regards,
 Vadim

Attachment