Re: [BUGS] Can't restore view with pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Can't restore view with pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Flo <fluancefg@gmail.com> writes:
> I was not able to find any explicit trigger creation related to
> bmv_visits_list, but I have found where the issue comes from.
> So basicaly, the extension pglogical adds the table to its list of known
> tables and set a trigger to it.

Hm, I don't know much about pglogical.  Does it automatically add a
trigger to every new table without user intervention?  If so, that's
kinda broken.

> What I don't know and don't understand is why it doesn't happen with the
> other views.

Probably because they don't have to be split into two steps like this one
is.  I'm guessing that pglogical has a hook installed that sees the CREATE
TABLE, thinks this is going to be a regular table, and gloms onto it
before it's converted to a view.