Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca <israel.bgf@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But here is the question, does the SSL compress the data too?

> It can, if that is negotiated properly:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html#comp

> Apparently the JDBC driver isn't attempting to negotiate
> compression.  I don't know how hard that would be to change.

What surprises me here is not so much that JDBC doesn't enable SSL
compression as that the python case does.  I remember people complaining
that libpq doesn't enable SSL compression, which is unsurprising given
what it says on that FAQ page.  Is the python test not using a
libpq-based client library?

            regards, tom lane