Problems with truncated BLOBs - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Mihael Vrbanec
Subject Problems with truncated BLOBs
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I am trying to store different binary files as blobs in the database but
when I retrieve anything other than a text-file I get only a part of the
stored file.
The percentage of data I get out of the database varies from file to
file (68bytes of a 370k .doc-file, ~300k of a ~900k .bmp-file) but stays
constant for each individual file.
I am not using the postgres-extensions to the JDBC-API. Is this a know
issue or am I doing something wrong (large text-files seem to work
perfectly)??

I am using:
Linux 2.4
jdk 1.3.1
postgres 7.1.2/3

Thanx for you help!!

bxe Miq
--
 **       Mihael Vrbanec    ---   Uni Karlsruhe       **
***              eMail:   miqster@gmx.net             ***