Re: Governance directory page for pg.o - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Governance directory page for pg.o
Date
List pgsql-www
On 6/19/24 14:09, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 19 Jun 2024, at 18:54, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>
>> What is the process for getting pgweb changes committed?
>
> It's usually done in roughly the same was as for the main repo, once the patch
> is reviewed and +1'd on the list it can go in.
>
>> Assuming there is consensus, can I go ahead and push them?
>
> +1 from me. I have a few comments on the markup to make it valid HTML:
>
> +</p>
> +</p>

good catch, thanks

> Double closing tags.
>
> +<p>
> +  The current members are:
> +  <ul>
>
> <ul> is defined as flow content and not allowed inside a <p> paragraph.  You
> need to end the paragrapg after "are:". Same thing in a few more places.

Admittedly I had no idea about this requirement. In fact I actively
placed them all inside the paragraphs -- will fix :-)

> +    <li>Álvaro Herrera</li>
>
> Should use HTML entities: Álvaro Herrera

check

> +  <a href="about/sponsors/">Sponsors</a> pages, not here.
>
> Should this be /about/sponsors/ ?

probably -- will fix

>> Or put another way, who are the pgweb committers?
>
> If you don't have a commit bit for pgweb, you can ping myself, Jonathan,
> Magnus, Stefan or Dave.

Being on sysadmins I may have the ability to commit, but not necessarily
the right to do so ;-)

I will post another patch with these fixes, and then if you want me to
push I will give it a try, or else if you prefer me to defer to one of
the rightful committers I can do that too.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team