Re: [HACKERS] float8 regression failure (HEAD, cygwin) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] float8 regression failure (HEAD, cygwin)
Date
List pgsql-patches
[ re cassowary buildfarm failure ]

"Adrian Maier" <adrian.maier@gmail.com> writes:
> On 20/07/06, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> As for the regression test failure, it's odd because it looks to me that
>> the actual test output is an exact match to the default "float8.out"
>> file.  I'm not sure why pg_regress chose to report a diff against
>> float8-small-is-zero.

> Apparently the regression test is comparing the results/float8.out
> with expected/float8-small-is-zero.out  because of the following line
> in
> src/test/regress/resultmap :
>    float8/i.86-pc-cygwin=float8-small-is-zero

Doh ... the question though is why are you getting different results
from everybody else?  There are other cygwin machines in the buildfarm
and they are all passing regression --- I suppose they'd start failing
if we remove that resultmap entry.

The regular float8 result is certainly "more correct" than
float8-small-is-zero, so I'm all for removing the resultmap entry
if we can do it.  But we'd need to be able to explain to people how
to get their machines to pass, and right now I don't know what to say.

            regards, tom lane