Re: [HACKERS] float8 regression failure (HEAD, cygwin) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Adrian Maier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] float8 regression failure (HEAD, cygwin)
Date
Re: [HACKERS] float8 regression failure (HEAD, cygwin)
List pgsql-patches
> Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> writes:
> > BTW: HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 is defined, so INT64_IS_BUSTED is defined also.
>
> You sure?  INT64_IS_BUSTED should *not* be set in that case --- it's
> only supposed to be set if we couldn't find any 64-bit-int type at all.
>
> As for the regression test failure, it's odd because it looks to me that
> the actual test output is an exact match to the default "float8.out"
> file.  I'm not sure why pg_regress chose to report a diff against
> float8-small-is-zero.out instead.  This may be another teething pain
> of the new pg_regress-in-C code --- could you trace through it and see
> what's happening?

Apparently the regression test is comparing the results/float8.out
with expected/float8-small-is-zero.out  because of the following line
in
src/test/regress/resultmap :
   float8/i.86-pc-cygwin=float8-small-is-zero

I've changed that line to :
    float8/i.86-pc-cygwin=float8
and the regression test ended successfully :   "All 100 tests passed."

I don't know why there are several expected results for the float8 test,
depending on the platform. Is the modification ok?

I've attached the patch,  and  cc'ed   to pgsql-patches.

Cheers,
Adrian Maier