Re: postgresql 9.0.3: parallel restore fails with comments on indices - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgresql 9.0.3: parallel restore fails with comments on indices
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Arnd Hannemann <arnd.hannemann@credativ.de> writes:
> if pg_restore is used with -jN it fails if the dump has comments on indices.

Reproduced here, thanks for the report!

> The problem seems to be a false assumption in pg_backup_archiver.c:
> Comments are in SECTION_NONE so they get restored here regardless of dependencies, which is obviously wrong

Yeah, that seems to need a bit more thought.  It's intentional that
comments that are in the PRE_DATA area get restored immediately, so as
not to eat all the overhead of a worker subprocess for them.  But we
can't do it that way for comments intermixed with POST_DATA items.

I think the simplest fix is to allow this loop to process SECTION_NONE
items only as long as it hasn't skipped any prior items.

            regards, tom lane