Re: Compilation errors - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Compilation errors
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Actually, we couldn't.The definition section from the .l file gets
> included after these functions. So we'd need to include something in
> gram.y before including scan.c.

Actually, since we don't use any of those functions, the following
advice from the 2.5.33 flex manual seems useful:
  A number of options are available for lint purists who want to
suppress the appearance of unneeded routines in the generated scanner.
Each of the following, if unset (e.g., `%option nounput'), results in
the corresponding routine not appearing in the generated scanner:
        input, unput        yy_push_state, yy_pop_state, yy_top_state        yy_scan_buffer, yy_scan_bytes,
yy_scan_string           yyget_extra, yyset_extra, yyget_leng, yyget_text,        yyget_lineno, yyset_lineno, yyget_in,
yyset_in,       yyget_out, yyset_out, yyget_lval, yyset_lval,        yyget_lloc, yyset_lloc, yyget_debug, yyset_debug

  (though `yy_push_state()' and friends won't appear anyway unless you
use `%option stack)'.

However, I'm not sure whether 2.5.4 will choke on unrecognized %option
commands --- if it has to be conditional on version it'll be a PITA.