Re: Progress report of CREATE INDEX for nested partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Progress report of CREATE INDEX for nested partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> Update to address a compiler warning in the supplementary patches adding
> assertions.

I took a look through this.  It seems like basically a good solution,
but the count_leaf_partitions() function is bothering me, for two
reasons:

1. It seems like a pretty expensive thing to do.  Don't we have the
info at hand somewhere already?

2. Is it really safe to do find_all_inheritors with NoLock?  If so,
a comment explaining why would be good.