Re: ERROR: tablespace "archive2" is not empty - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: tablespace "archive2" is not empty
Date
List pgsql-general
Josip Rodin <joy+pgsql@entuzijast.net> writes:

> Oh, sorry, but yet again, there's just nothing there:

> % sudo -H -u postgres psql mydb -c "SELECT oid, relname, relkind FROM pg_catalog.pg_class WHERE
pg_relation_filenode(oid)IN (7877054, 7877056);"
>  oid | relname | relkind
> -----+---------+---------
> (0 rows)

Seeing that those files are all of similar date, I wonder if they are
tables that got orphaned in a crash, ie, the pg_class rows were removed
but the backend crashed before physically unlinking the files.

Anyway, if you've satisfied yourself that there are no pg_class entries
for these files, you could just manually remove the files.

I concur with Adrian's nearby suggestion of checking for rows with
reltablespace matching the tablespace's OID before you do anything
drastic, though.

            regards, tom lane