RE: Why the index is not used ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ROS Didier
Subject RE: Why the index is not used ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Phil

    Thank you for this recommendation, but I posted on this public list only generic examples that have nothing to do
withthe works done in my company.

    These examples serve me only to discuss about the subject of data encryption and performance
    My answers to your remarks :

Why do you need to search by credit card number?
<<
 Again, this is just an example. I just want to find a solution to query a column containing encrypted data with good
performance.

one option is to use an encryption function that doesn't salt the data
<<
I am interested. Can you give some examples of these encryption function that doesn't salt the data.

Best Regards
Didier ROS