Re: install sample database error - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: install sample database error
Date
List pgsql-sql
/usr/bin/unzip some.zip

On 7/31/19 10:28 AM, Cao, Xiaowei wrote:
> Thanks, yes, I tried to install that sample database from ubuntu terminal. The file I downloaded for the sample
databaseis a .zip file.

> The link in your email seems for windows version.
>
> What command should I use to achieve : "you only need to unzip the ZIP archive, that gives you a .tar file which you
doNOT need to unpack."

> Thanks

hasthis error.

https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.postgresqltutorial.com%2Fload-postgresql-sample-database%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cxicao%40seattleschools.org%7C91fbd502a1ac43b8617008d7157eaa0e%7Cd431d15860744832878351ea6f6dd227%7C0%7C1%7C637001506086033723&sdata=tlSyRXLjr1UnKZWBUh2H7qCr8%2F1u9Fv17yEavKMKmSE%3D&reserved=0

> You can't restore that sample database using psql, you need to use pg_restore.
>
> As described in the link above, you only need to unzip the ZIP archive, that gives you a .tar file which you do NOT
needto unpack.

> Assuming you did already create the dvdrental database, you can restore the backup using:
>
>     pg_restore -U postgres -d dvdrental /path/to/dvdrental.tar
>
> Thomas
>

> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Please don't click links, open attachments, or reply
withconfidential details unless you are certain you know the sender and are expecting the content.