Re: Domain Support -- another round - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Domain Support -- another round
Date
Re: Domain Support -- another round  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: Domain Support -- another round  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
New set with most of Peters comments corrected.  Left the deal about
schema though :)  Took nearly an hour to do a cvs diff for some reason
this time (normally a couple of minutes is enough).

> Random nitpicking below.  Also, have you created a regression test?

They had been posted a few times and haven't changed.  (Attached
anyway)

> > +    <structfield>typnotnull</structfield> represents a NOT NULL
> > +    constraint on a type.  Normally used only for domains.
>
> And unnormally...?

Unnormally is when someone sets it by hand on a type which isn't a
domain -- I guess.  Corrected.

> > + <!entity createDomain       system "create_domain.sgml">
>
> I don't see this file included.

Other messages.  Full package included on this one however.

> > +  * MergeDomainAttributes
> > +  *      Returns a new table schema with the constraints, types,
and other
> > +  *      attributes of the domain resolved for fields using the
domain as
> > +  * their type.
>
> I didn't know we had schemas yet.  You should probably not overload
that
> term to mean "a list of database objects".

Merge attributes says something very similar about inheritance and
table schemas.  Kinda correct considering
the variable used in both cases is *schema.

The diff weirdness in regards to DROP DATABASE is probably because I
started by copying the DROP DATABASE element, then altered it.  I
don't know why it chose that method to do the diff though, but it is
accurate.  Using -cd flags didn't make it any prettier.

Attachment