Re: [SQL] postgresql and java2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: [SQL] postgresql and java2
Date
List pgsql-general
First sorry for the late reply, I only get this list from home, and just got email working again.

I was working on ARRAY and STRUCT for 7.0, but it a snag. I couldn't get a grips with what the spec meant, and couldn't work out how the SQL3 ARRAY type relates to our arrays. From the documentation I have (JDBC API Tutorial and Reference, Second Edition) it mentions things like CREATE TYPE statements, etc. I'm not sure if we could implement them purely within JDBC/Java.

Peter

----- Original Message -----
From: JavierG
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 9:20 PM
Subject: [SQL] postgresql and java2

Hi:

Does anybody knows if the JDBC driver maps the new SQL 3 types (ARRAY and STRUCT) with the proprietary array and user-defined types of PostgreSQL? To put it another way: when I access an array (for instance) in PostgreSQL through the JDBC driver, does the driver returns a SQL 3 ARRAY (java.sql.Array) or a Java Object (java.lang.Object)?

I’m sorry if this sounds “newbie”, but this is the first time I use an ORDMS…

Thanks in advance

  J.