Re: BUG #15285: Query used index over field with ICU collation in some cases wrongly return 0 rows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: BUG #15285: Query used index over field with ICU collation in some cases wrongly return 0 rows
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2020-09-03 09:41, Daniel Verite wrote:
>     Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
>
>> Maybe Daniel has some more experience feedback with other customizations
>
> No, I've just tried various other reorderings, and didn't find any other that
> seems to have the same bug as latn-digit.
> My tests consisted of indexing a large corpus of text and running the
> index through amcheck.

In this case I'm tempted to just leave it alone and write it off as a
bug in ICU.  We could potentially inspect the collator object at CREATE
COLLATION time and issues warnings if we find something we know to be buggy.

I don't think we want to make our code uglier and slower for normal uses
to work around a bug in some niche feature in ICU.