Re: BUG #17938: could not open shared memory segment "/PostgreSQL.615216676": No such file or directory - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Onkobu
Subject Re: BUG #17938: could not open shared memory segment "/PostgreSQL.615216676": No such file or directory
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17938: could not open shared memory segment "/PostgreSQL.615216676": No such file or directory  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
I finally found the source: a broken test in a script that initiates a
chroot environment. For some reason the author decided to write this:

test -L /dev/shm && rm /dev/shm && mkdir /dev/shm

Instead of re-creating a symlink based /dev/shm as true mountpoint it
always did so.

Since the issue came up from time to time without any clear relation I
scanned scripts on the machine that require root permissions – not so
may to dig through.

This bogus check with immediate action was replaced with a bail out of
the script in case this would be true. No bug in PostgreSQL.

--
------
Web: http://onkobutanaake.de - mit RSS-Feed

Fingerprint 6261 2530 89DA 93E3 2D9F  A0C2 B660 481D 9F77 A942

Attachment