Re: Barman versus pgBackRest - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Steele
Subject Re: Barman versus pgBackRest
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Thomas,

On 4/11/18 3:14 AM, Thomas Poty wrote:

> Sorry for answering only now but I just saw you answer only now.
>
>  > To be clear, I'm the original author and primary maintainer of
> pgBackRest.
>
> I am very happy to see guys like you to take time to answer me. Thank you

You are welcome.  Users are the reason I work on this project.

>  >This a good feature, and one that has been requested for pgBackRest. You
>  >can do this fairly trivially with ssh, however, so it generally hasn't
>  >been a big deal for people.  Is there a particular reason you need this
>  >feature?
>
> The reason is probably a psychologic matter but I like the idea of a
> unique connecting point to restore DBs of different location.
>
> I am very impatient to see "replication slot" support and "remote
> restore" feature added.

Remote restore is likely to land first, though neither feature is
currently at the top of the list.  Unfortunately, we have limited
resources and must prioritize.

Regards,
--
-David