xlog min recovery request A/C is past current point A/B - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Henry C.
Subject xlog min recovery request A/C is past current point A/B
Date
List pgsql-general
Greets,

I've just activated another replication slave and noticed the following in the
logs:

WARNING:  xlog min recovery request 38E/E372ED60 is past current point
38E/D9FFFF70

It seems to be happily restoring log files from the archive, but the warning
message above concerns me.

Googling only yields source code -
http://doxygen.postgresql.org/xlog_8c-source.html, which has an ominous
comment:

/* ...the passed
 *  'lsn' value could be bogus, i.e., past the end of available WAL, if
 *  the caller got it from a corrupted heap page.  Accepting such a
 *  value as the min recovery point would prevent us from coming up at
 *  all.  Instead, we just log a warning and continue with recovery.
 *  (See also the comments about corrupt LSNs in XLogFlush.)
 */

Is it something to be concerned about (and should I restart initial rsync &
replication), or can I safely ignore it?

Thanks