RE: Inserting variable into - Mailing list psycopg

From
Subject RE: Inserting variable into
Date
List psycopg
OK got it. That's very helpful thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
Sent: Monday, December 7, 2020 3:31 PM
To: hagen@datasundae.com; psycopg@lists.postgresql.org; psycopg@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Inserting variable into

On 12/7/20 2:26 PM, hagen@datasundae.com wrote:
> So if I understand this correctly my new cur.execute would read:
>
> account = 'JPMC'
>
>   cur.execute("SELECT SUM(revusd) FROM sfdc where saccount = %s AND
> stage LIKE 'Commit%';",(account ))

Since you are using a tuple this (account ) would need to be (account,) per the docs at link previously posted:

"For positional variables binding, the second argument must always be a sequence, even if it contains a single variable
(rememberthat Python requires a comma to create a single element tuple):"

> and that would translate to
>
> cur.execute("SELECT SUM(revusd) FROM sfdc where saccount = 'JPMC' AND
> stage LIKE 'Commit%';")
>
> is that right?

Not sure what below is supposed to be about?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com