Re: How do I implement a .XSD in Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Clavadetscher
Subject Re: How do I implement a .XSD in Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general

Hello

XML is an extensible object description language and XSD is not an XML derivative, but an implementation of the XML extensibility as a replacement for DTD. It is finally nothing else than an XML file following the validation schema of itself (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema). Being XML you can load it into an XML field in PostgreSQL just like any other XML document (e.g. xml, wsdl, xslt, soap, etc.).

You can find a possible way on how to do it here: http://www.schmiedewerkstatt.ch/wiki/index.php/PostgreSQL:_Writing_text,_xml_content_into_a_field

Bye

Charles