Re: pg_auth_members.grantor is bunk - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: pg_auth_members.grantor is bunk
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2022-09-07 at 09:39 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Now that is not to say that we couldn't decide that
> select_best_grantor() got it wrong and choose to break backward
> compatibility in order to fix it ... but I'm not even convinced that
> the alternative behavior you propose is clearly better, let alone
> that
> it's enough better to justify changing things.

OK. I suppose the best path forward is to just try to improve the
ability to administer the system without relying as much on superusers,
which will allow us to safely ignore some of the weirdness caused by
superusers issuing grants.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis