Re: predefined role(s) for VACUUM and ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: predefined role(s) for VACUUM and ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-11-20 Su 11:57, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 10:50:04AM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>> another rebase
> Another rebase for cfbot.

I have committed the first couple of these to get them out of the way.

But I think we need a bit of cleanup in the next patch.
vacuum_is_relation_owner() looks like it's now rather misnamed. Maybe
vacuum_is_permitted_for_relation()? Also I think we need a more thorough
reworking of the comments around line 566. And I think we need a more
detailed explanation of why the change in vacuum_rel is ok, and if it is
OK we should adjust the head comment on the function.

In any case I think this comment would be better English with "might"
instead of "may":

/* user may have the ANALYZE privilege */

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan